20 October 2005

Goodbye Mrs. PM

Early this morning, the wife of our Prime Minister, Endon Mahmood, passed away from breast cancer. She was said to be a constant supporter of the PM, Abdullah Ahmad Badawi. I don't know her that well, and many people die every year from breast cancer, but I would like to formally offer my condolences to our country's leader.

On a related note, I don't know why people like to use the phrase "lost her battle with breast cancer". Why consider it a battle? When two parties battle, tempers flare and tensions run high. The tumour gets worse, and the patient feels weak. It is better to live in peace and understanding, and all sickness will eventually subdue. Think that's all bull? Then why do happy people live longer than others? (I'm too lazy to link to scientific researches now)

No comments: