27 April 2006

Zemien Scissorhands

I have not cut my nails in almost 2 weeks, but it's not due to my laziness - really! Dad lost the only nail clipper in the house. Lame, right? So I had annoyingly long nails when I was in Cambodia, and I just couldn't stand it anymore. I took a pair of scissors and started cutting. The fact that I could very well cut off my fingers didn't scare me. On the contrary, it was impossible to get it close enough so I was cutting my nails, but not really cutting it much.

But I thought, 2mm off is better than letting it grow. So I did my left hand and then proceeded to my right. That's when I realize that I am a right-hander. I am practically disabled when using my left hand to co-ordinate and exert controlled amounts of pressure. I was left with not using enough power to cut anything, or using too much power which will leave me with 5 less fingers.

I aborted the operation. Luckily I did not end up with inbalanced fingernail length. That would be more of an embarrassment than ripping someone's hand off when I shake it.

5 comments:

William said...

Aiyoh... if no nail clipper go and buy one for personal use la... Lucky you did not resort to chewing your excess nails off.

Zemien said...

I do have one back in Nilai. But as I am so stingy I wouldn't buy a new one now.

William said...

And lemme guess, you blame your stinginess on genes? *grin*

Zemien said...

Haha well you know me quite well now, don't you?

I don't blame genes, but upbringing

William said...

I don't claim to know you like the back of my hand, but I see a pattern emerging. :P. But then, as you said before, your online persona and real-life persona is different. Genes may play the "kecenderungan" factor.