17 April 2006

Are You Happy?

When I went for my free trial at Fitness First yesterday, I was greeted by Nurul who asked me a few questions as part of their survey. One question she asked was, "When was the last time you felt happy?" As any motivational guru will advise you, I replied "Today".

Nurul seemed taken aback by my response. "Really? Wow I've never heard anyone said that before."

Then I was taken aback. Are all gym-goers unhappy people who seek happiness in bigger muscles? Must I be unhappy with my body before I can join a gym? Yes, I would like to improve my muscle tone but I will still be perfectly satisfied if I do not join a gym.

But I wasn't lying when I said I was happy yesterday. I have many things to be thankful about - my consistent results, my improving health, my decreasing weight, and a holiday in Cambodia coming up. There are still a few hiccups here and there, but I'm at the prime of my youth and I intend to enjoy every bit of it.

No comments: