18 April 2006

Some Tar For You?

As I've mentioned previously, two of my fingerprints are gone. A few days back I went into a random pharmacy and consulted the pharmacist. I did not expect much from the consultation as I assumed they will just recommend some antibiotic cream. The pharmacist took one look at my fingers and recommended pine tar gel for it.

According to him, I have a form of dermatitis. And it is caused by a sensitivity to certain things. I have always thought of myself as a sensitive guy, but I didn't know I had the skin to go with it. Anyway, I did some reflection and realized that this problem started about a year ago, while I also started swimming at the same time. So based on circumstantial evidence, the chlorine must be causing this.

With a heavy heart, I have to say goodbye to my swimming days. To maintain the exercise momentum that I've been building up, I will join the lame college gym instead. It costs around RM80/month for less than 25% of Fitness First's facilities, and FF only charges RM108 for students. But I have no choice as I prefer to have my fingerprints back.

3 comments:

William said...

I'm quite concerned that pharmacists these days make diagnosis and dispense medicine on their 'medical opinion'. Doctors can misdiagnose, I wonder what are the odds for pharmacists...

Anonymous said...

that is extremely annoying man... "I can't swim coz i will lose my fingerprints if i do.." common... put a plastic bag to cover it or sumthing.. :P

Zemien said...

yup, i'm planning to use some of those plastic wrap when i go swimming... tho i would look like a loser