16 April 2006

Modernized Saying

I'm sure you've heard of the saying, "The grass is always greener on the other side."

But that is a really old saying. 200 years ago when our ancestors were working in agriculture, the neighbour's grass might very well seem greener.

In this day and age, we need an updated version that people can relate to. And as I drove home to Penang the other day, I knew what the new saying should be:

"The traffic is always faster in the other lane"

Just observe during a traffic jam, how many people switch from one lane and then to the other even though they are still stuck in the end?

2 comments:

Innocent^^Guy said...

I seldom switch lanes when the traffic goes slow. I'm kind like the sueh guy. U can alwis ask the passenger. Which ever lane that I switch, it will get slower somehow.

William said...

Scenario: Massive jam on the LDP. Two choices. (A) Take the flyover. (B) Take the underpass. If you chose (A). Aiyah! How come didn't take the underpass, see, much faster! If you took (B). Aiyah! How come didn't take the underpass, see, much faster!

Hongkee saying: Got early know, no beggar (literal translation). Literal meaning as well! :P