15 September 2005

Technet/MSDN Briefing Part 1

Way back when I was still in Penang, I came across a newspaper ad highlighting a upcoming Microsoft event. The summary of products they will highlight seemed mighty interesting, so I signed up for the free event. I kept the newspaper ad, hoping to get other friends to join me as well.

Fast forward 1.5 weeks...

I showed the ad to my class and I immediately generated enough buzz. Jackson already knew about this some time ago, and I managed to reel in more or less the whole class. Participation is of course optional, but since there is so much enthusiasm, I managed to cancel or postpone both classes for Thursday (tomorrow).

I chatted with Dad over MSN Messenger about it. He asked me how many people I managed to convince. I replied that I managed to convince roughly the whole class, which is about 12 people. I also added that "Of course, there will be some who will just talk."

And I was right.

When I confirmed everyone's participation today, quite a few pulled out, citing several reasons (read: excuses). In the end, the final tally is 7. Who knows, even fewer might actually turn up tomorrow. We'll see.

Of course, I have to clarify that I'm not angry at those who are not going. I just wish to highlight the tendency of humans to just talk but in the end, do not do anything. Sounds mighty familiar, don't it?

No comments: