18 September 2005

The Future of Malaysia Rests in the Hands of These Idiots

I noticed that people can be so inflexible that they suffer unknowingly. For example, a lot of drivers queue at petrol stations just so they can fill up the tank from the proper side of their car. If the mouth of the fuel tank is on the left, they must have the pump on the left as well, even if it means queueing for 5 minutes. I saw all this when I went to the petrol station today.

When I drove in I saw that every pump had queues, except for one free pump. It's not on the proper side of my fuel tank, but I didn't want to wait so I headed straight for that free pump. At any rate, the engineers who built the pumps were smart enough to make sure the pump nozzle can reach the other side of a car.

But the most baffling part is when I was filling up my car, a Waja queued up behind me. While earlier I suspected that some of them are idiots, I am absolutely certain that this guy is an idiot. There was a free pump right next to him! And instead of going straight to it, he rather waited for me.

Disappointing-lah, these idiots.

No comments: