05 September 2005

'Randomly' Is A Predictable Pattern

Went for my first class today. The lecturer, a portly woman with a sense of humour, said that she wanted to emulate the real world with our project. Therefore, we will not get to choose our team mates for our project, and instead it will be done randomly. I'm hoping really hard right now that I'll get decent team members, but if things happen otherwise, I'll just have to grin and bear with it.

After all, 'random' is not really random as there are ways to predict the outcome using mathematical formulaes. I wonder how I can tip the scales in my favour...

At the end of the class, she asked us, "What do you think makes a good leader?" Earlier she had asked whether I had become a leader before, and I replied yes. Now she turned to me and asked, "Do you think you are a good leader?" I said yes as well.

She nodded her head and said that is a very 'optimistic' behaviour. I consider myself as 'confident', while others probably consider me as 'cocky'.

Actually, I'm all three.

No comments: