29 September 2005

It's Just Magic!

Everyone knows that the Central Bank is phasing out the gold one Ringgit coins. "Why?" is a question I'll never be able to answer. They have come in handy every once in a while, but now that they're invalidating it by 2006, everyone's scrambling to convert all their RM1 coins.

Shopkeepers and vending machines shunned their responsibility as well by not accepting the coins anymore. However, I discovered something magical today. I had 2 coins left so I decided to try my luck with the Coke vending machine.

Each can costs RM1.40 so I entered the first coin. It showed RM1.00 on the LCD display. Being the dork that I am, I thought the machine only detected 40 cents and I still owe it RM1, instead of the other way round. Frustrated, I pressed the Eject button, and voila! Out came two 50 cent coins!

I quickly entered the other coin I had and promptly converted it to legal tender coins without having to reason and haggle with shopkeepers and bank tellers. Man, I'm proud of myself. :P

No comments: