29 August 2006

unwritten

Where was I? Oh yes, the job offer.

I was so happy beyond words! The HR representative soon came and asked me several questions related to general working environment and preferences. I got caught on a little snag there, but no problem nonetheless. She then went through the benefits package - and I have to say it is very attractive! As it is an MNC they can afford better benefits than local companies due to the exchange rate. This is one time when the huge disparity between RM and USD is good.

Later, I'll be going for a medical checkup as a prerequisite for my offer letter, so I'm not 100% certain what would be stated there yet. Regardless, I'm super duper happy! I've announced the good news to both Mum and Dad, and a few close friends. And of course, you now know about it as well.

I'll be reporting for work on September 11, which is an easy date to remember no thanks to Osama. I'm anxious to start, but I have so many things to do and experience before finally transitioning into my professional life. To close the chapter on my study life, I have also wrote a few thank you e-mails to several favourite lecturers. And I plan to visit my alma mater to boast announce the joyful news.

I don't know what to expect for the future, but as Natasha Bedingfield sang:
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten

No comments: