12 August 2006

The Feeling's Sinking In

I consider myself to be quite a sensitive person, but as a human with XY chromosomes, I have some in-built guards against being too emotional. One of them is the inability to register feelings immediately after an emotional event.

As we all had our lunch together one last time in the school cafeteria, I felt nothing. These are the people I had gone to school with for the last 2.5 years and this is our last time together as a group. And I felt nothing. Emotionless. Of course, I knew what this was - shock. It's my body's natural defense against acting like a crying fool in public.

This morning when I woke up and played Keith Urban's "You'll Think of Me", his haunting lyrics begin to creep in. David's empty bed accentuated the fact that I'm all alone again and it's time to make new friends in a new place.

My heart begins to sadden.

2 comments:

Innocent^^Guy said...

Looks like i've got left out...again...

Anonymous said...

dont worry, you can still see each other. New friends are fun! you'll find someone... trust me.