09 September 2006

Continuum

John Mayer's new album Continuum is going to be released soon! I really like his lyrics and raspy voice. I recently downloaded a sample copy of the album complete with commentary by Mayer. Seriously - if you're someone who actually pays attention to the lyrics, you must get this album.

Check out this excerpt from Dreaming with a Broken Heart. John Mayer comments, "This song is about when things go wrong with somebody, but you meet them in your dreams when you're still alright. And that moment when you wake up and go 'Oh yea, they hate me.'".
When you're dreaming with a broken heart,
The waking up is the hardest part,
You roll out of bed,
and down on your knees,
and for a moment you can hardly breathe.
Wondering was she really here?
Is she standing in my room?
No, she's not.
Coz she's gone, gone, gone, gone, gone.
Seriously. So beautiful beautiful beautiful. Accompanied by melancholic piano too!

Another great song is Slow Dancing in a Burning Room. John Mayer says, "It's kinda about a partner relationship and you know it's over, and you have your final bow together... It's about the end of a relationship, and it's kinda like watching it all burn down in front of you and making it in a beautiful thing."
It’s not a silly little moment
It’s not the storm before the calm
This is the deep and dyin breath of
this love we’ve been workin on
Can’t seem to hold you like I want to
so I can feel you in my arms
Nobody’s gonna come and save you
we pulled too many false alarms

We’re goin down
and you can see it too
We’re goin down
and you know that we’re doomed
my dear
we’re slow dancing in a burnin room
The title really describes that feeling huh? So go get it or download it as soon as it's released!

By the way, don't ask why I'm in the mood for such sad songs.

P.S. That really good post I'm promising will be up next.

No comments: